Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Worst that Could Happen

Doing some Sirius listening to 60s pop in the car. Until I sprung for Sirius for my husband, I would never have dreamed of paying for radio.

But now I wonder if I could live without it! Take a trip through the decades - 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.......... It is endless. I'm working on the 60s right now.

Just heard one of my favorite songs from way back, Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge, The Worst that Could Happen.


Girl, I heard you're getting married,
Heard you're getting married.
This time you're really sure
.

Yeah, but she's not marrying you because

Girl, I'll never get married
I'll never get married
You know that's not my scene.


So what are you whining about?

But if he loves you more than me
Maybe it's the best thing
Maybe it's the best thing for you
But it's the worst that could happen
To me

Oh, boo frickin' hoo for you.

The year was 1969. Young people realized they didn't have to follow the conservative path that their parents took. And many didn't.

It is a seriously good song though. I love these type of pop songs. Country fills that void for me today because I guess I'm too old to appreciate the pop of today.

And the song:

No comments: