Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Change is Gonna Come

When I was diagnosed with MS in 2001, it hit me pretty hard. I look the same. I feel the same. And yet, I'm not. I have aged. I think I have aged about 20 years in the six years since D(iagnosis)Day. And I know that physically, there are changes. But how many of those changes are psychologically wrought? Do I really have less energy? Or am I just using it as an excuse?

The fact of the matter is, I have gotten soft and fat. Is it too late to save myself? Can I get something of my old body back? In my 30s, I looked great. Yes, that is a very conceited statement. But I did look great! Better than my 20s even... well, almost as good as my 20s. I want to look like that again. Is it too late?

It's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and get to work. Yes, there are physical changes, but they are no excuse. The longer I wait, the worse it will get. And getting FIT will be better for me in the long run. I need to be strong again. Not emotionally strong (that I have always been), but physically strong. Not taking care of my body is only going to allow the monster to strike sooner. I have to hold it off. No more excuses. Time to get moving.

Wish me luck.

No comments: