Thursday, January 18, 2007

ICE!


'Twas a cold day in hell, errrr I mean Texas, this week. Austin is not used to ice. Having come from the northeast, I was happy to have saved one of my ice scrapers. I probably could have sold it at a nice profit this week.

Today was noisy as the temp got up to 34 and the trees started shedding their coating of ice. The live oaks do not shed their leaves in the winter, so they were very heavy and droopy. Luckily none of mine lost any limbs. But today was a constant cacophony of ice dropping from limbs. Oh, and sheets of ice sliding off my roof. That was a little disconcerting at first. Hope there's no damage up there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm 45+, too! About 45+two months at this point.

I live behind my own little blue door, but I don't walk my dog very often because I don't own one.

Anyway, I stumbled across your blog while looking for posts about being 45, and there you were! So keep posting, even if it is just every once in a while. Sooner or later, other idiots like me will stumble across some of your posts, and sooner or later we will all be famous, if we just keep posting until we are maybe 150 years old, then we can be the world's oldest bloggers!