Thursday, May 18, 2006

Some cabernet sauvignon, Marvin Gaye, and a bubble bath

When we built this house, my most important request was a great big tub (preferably a jacuzzi). Well, I got my wish. And tonight, Jim is playing hockey, Greg is at a friend's house, Chris is upstairs watching tv, and I decided I needed a good long bath.

Feeling a little mellow, I bypassed Aerosmith and the Allman Brothers and chose The Very Best of Marvin Gaye, CD 1. Poured the wine. Started filling the tub, adding my cucumber&melon bubble bath (I'm not a floral person, I prefer the tastier scents), lit all the candles, turned off the lights....

Turned on the CD player before I got in the tub. Oh how I love Marvin Gaye. This CD has all his duets with Tammi Terrell. Absolutely gorgeous music. You can close your eyes and just float away. Perfect.

A nice,long bath in a candlelit room with the perfect music is like taking a mini-vacation. There is nothing better to lift your spirits.

No comments: