Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Heading back East

It has been 13 years since I set foot in the northeast. But I am heading back to Philly for my niece's wedding at the end of the month. I am excited and nervous. I am flying by myself, renting a car, and heading into central Pennsylvania. It's been so many years since I made that trip. I wonder if I'll get lost?

Since I've been in Texas, I really haven't missed the northeast. But for the past year, I have been feeling nostalgic about it. I would love to go to the Jersey shore. Not on this short trip though. There are so many people I'd love to see, but I won't have time. Why have I stayed away so long?

I am really excited about going up into central PA though. I've been doing so much work on my family history, and it will be great to be in the coal region again. I wish I had time to do some digging into historical records while I'm there. But I only have four days. I really have to plan a longer trip one of these days.

No comments: